written by Hillary Kiser

Search

Fall Scented Play-Doh

Give me all of the fall things! My house is decorated for fall, candles are burning...now I just need it to NOT be 93 degrees outside. Lol. 
Today I decided to try out a new play-dough recipe and put a fall twist on it! I think this is my new favorite recipe! It was easy, included ingredients most people already have and I love the consistency! 
First, gather all of your ingredients. The spices are completely optional! I will give you the base of the recipe...then you can add whatever you like! 
Materials: 
2 cups of baking soda
1 cup of corn starch
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1.5 cups of water
food coloring (optional) 
spices (optional)
Instructions: 
Mix all ingredients together except optional ingredients. Stir until they mix together well (will be very runny.)
Pour into a sauce pan and cook on medium heat until mixture is thick and hard to stir. 
Move to a cutting board and allow to cool. Knead together after cooled. 
After this, I divided mine into four sections because I wanted four fall scents! 
I really could have played with just the white version all night. I simply love the consistency of this recipe! 
Next, I added food coloring and spices, then kneaded them until they were well mixed. No exact science here...I just poured until I found the color and scent I wanted! 
Spices:
Apple Pie
Nutmeg
Clove
Pumpkin Pie
I cannot wait to break these out tomorrow for my little pumpkins! They are going to be so excited! 
Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments

Post a Comment