written by Hillary Kiser

Search

Student Motivation

Student motivation will not only help your students do their best work, but it will also help your job become easier.

When I lost all of my excuses, I found my results. #IINspiration #motivation #wisdom:

I love this quote. I made excuses for a long time about student motivation. I was raised in a home (a great home) where I was taught to do things because they are the right thing to do. Not everyone needs a trophy, not everyone needs a sticker, you do what you do because you are supposed to do it! Now, I will be honest...I still feel this way. I raise my kids this way. You may not agree with me, and I am okay with that. But I have also learned that I did not raise the children in my class. I can instill good values in them, and hope that they learn to do the right thing because it is right...but a little rewarding never hurt anyone. I also know that I am okay with this decision because I am thrilled when my son's Kinder teacher rewards him for doing something great.

Now that I have rambled a bit, I lost my excuses and found my results. Student motivation builds the student's confidence, does not always have to be a reward, and makes learning (and effort) fun!

One thing I love using in my classroom is Brag Tag Student Chains.



My fifth graders felt they were too cool for brag tags, so they loved these student chains. Mine hung them in their cubbies and were so proud of them!

These are easy, just print, cut, and I have the students assemble them!



Another great motivation I use for outside of the classroom is Mystery Student! I did a FACEBOOK LIVE video about this that shows you details about it and is pretty fun to watch! :)

I use this motivation tool in and out of my classroom and it works like a charm with any grade! I hope you will give this a watch and begin to incorporate it in your classroom! There is also a great blog post about it and you can find that here.

mystery walker- a great incentive to motivate students to walk quietly in the halls:

This was a fast and furious post, things are so busy right now for all of us I am sure! I hope you all have a great start to you the year! Thanks for tuning in! :)

No comments

Post a Comment